Sunday, March 7, 2010

Line Like an Egyptian

From the Egyptians to Liz Taylor to Taylor Momson, eyeliner has been essential part of every woman's makeup regime.  Eyeliner is one of my favorite makeup items, ever.  The routine of putting it on, and the varying degrees of difference it makes can take you from subtle to dramatic in 60 seconds flat.  It is also an item that can take you from day to night.  It is a spectacular makeup buy.  Having tried dozens, and having had to learn and practice to make the most of them, eyeliners come in every color, and every cost imaginable.  I will outline my favorites from staples to splurges, and why.

My Holy Grail eyeliner is black, of course.  My favorite at the moment is MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline.  This is a limited edition color, but repeatedly shows up in new collections, and so is not difficult to obtain. This particular liner is creamy enough to apply smoothly with no tugging, and has staying power.  I can use it on my water line, and not worry about it pulling a disappearing act.  It is an intense black, and I love it!

Stila Topaz, MAC Feline, MAC Fascinating
Two more staple eye liners for me are the MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating (white), and Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz (pinkish-peach).  These two are always in my kit because of their eye brightening capacities.  Fascinating is water resistant, and is long lasting.  Using this on the inner corner can add a luminous, brightening effect to those tired eyes.  Topaz is not as long lasting, but when used in the water line, it helps to open the eyes up and make them look larger.  It is a great way to cancel out pink waterlines, and is very wearable.  It is soft and smudgeable, and such a pretty color.
For eyeliner splurges, I mention 3 that I love, and continually keep on hand.  The newest addition to my love list is Maybelline Line Stilleto, which is a black liquid liner.  The applicator is a flexable fine tip, and the result is an easy to manage approach for creating a defined black line with liquid liner.  The black Benefit Bad Gal liner is a fabulous way to create a smokey shadow look, and this chunky pencil helps to creat that dark, smudgy rocker chic look.  The Benefit Eye Bright is a pale pinkish brightening liner, and when smudged into the inner corner, creates an alive and awake look. 

Benefit Bad Gal, Benefit Eye Bright, Maybelline Line Stilleto


Thanks for reading.  What are your favorites:  both must haves and splurges?

4 Comments:

  1. SilhouetteScreams said...
    I havent really found an OMGAMAZING pencil liner, but I love the generic True Black gel liner that they sell on ebay and Coastal Scents. It's ridiculously pigmented and hangs around like nobody's business, especially on my oily lids!
    Karen said...
    @SilhouetteScreams- I do want to try the Coastal Scents gel liner! Ridiculously pigmented you say? I am sold! I look forward to trying it out. Thanks! ♥
    Books With Cassie said...
    eyeliner is something I have been missing in my collection but now I really want to try the maybelline liquid liner and I have been dying to try a mac liner.
    Anonymous said...
    Stila Topaz is such a pretty colour! I love that and MAC Feline too, an amazing black IMO. Nice swatches! XO

Post a Comment