Friday, January 1, 2010

Mustard Yellow... a color I often overlook. Recently I acquired this gorgeous yellow leather purse, and I have been obsessed ever since. It acts like a neutral, and it goes with almost anything! However, it also acts like a shiny pop of color, accenting other neutrals! How fabulous, so I dedicate this post to you, Mustard Yellow.

In light of my new appreciation, I also rediscovered a perfect mustard yellow nail polish I had hidden away and neglected, China Glaze Golden Opportunity....

* * * * *



Some color and texture combos I am loving at the moment...



shiny leather yellow purse coupled with
faux snakeskin and studded gray ballet flats...




or worn with a fitted ivory wool coat...




or even a plummy-purple corduroy jacket.



Thanks for reading! ♥ What do you or would you couple mustard yellow with?

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I love mustard yellow with deep purple but unfortunately I can't carry off any shade of yellow, just doesn't go with my skin tone :(
    Karen said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Karen said...
    @AllThingsShallow: I'm like that with red. My skin tone rejects it. :( I love it, but manage to make even the blue-ish of reds look orange!

Post a Comment