Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In and Out Right Now

In:

1) Short square fingernails, painted dark colors. I am loving this look right now! Not only that, but they are so easy to take care of when kept so short, and quick to paint :) ! Of course it was the unpleasant ripping off a nail at the quick that made me rediscover this style.






2) ChinaGlaze Ridge Filler! Speaking of nails and manicures... this new (to me) base coat is very effective at providing a great smooth surface to paint. Not only that, I have learned to depend on good base coats since I mostly use such dark colors, and I would like to avoid dreaded stains on my nails. This base coat also delivers a beautiful matte natural look for those days when a pretty nude nail is desired. I think this nail treatment will become a regular in my home mani-pedi nail polish wardrobe!






3) Revlon PhotoReady foundation (I use color 003 Shell). I have heard this foundation being compared to that of Nars Sheer Glow! Wow, if you can get away with a $12 foundation pulling off what a $42 foundation does, than have you found a deal or what? I have also heard that it is too "sparkly", but I have not found that it gives me any kind of glittery or disco ball look. The sparkles in it are so finely milled and subtle, they are not seen unless you use a magnified mirror.



* * * * * *
Out:

1) Ordering shoes online that arrive and don't fit properly! Grrrrrr!!! Now I have to wait even longer, sending them back and getting a different size. It's the sad, sad sob story of a half size shoe wearer trying to order from only whole sizes! :(



2) Boots Expert Shine Control Instant Matte- this watery serum type arrangement was awful! I hadn't expected such a FAIL because I do like other items in the Expert Shine Control skincare lineup. This is only .5 oz, so you start with a minuscule amount, and then you shake it up because the "powder" settles at the bottom of the solution, then you apply it a drop at a time. It oozes out of the bottle awkwardly and messily- and this is both inconvenient and annoying. Then after that struggle, the product did not deliver at all a matte effect to my shiny face. So... Totally OUT! (By the way- I do love their Shine Control Moisture Cream)



3) Jumpsuits- even if I had a lapse of judgement long enough to purchase one of these one-piece tragedies, how inconvenient would it be to go to the bathroom? Especially if there were any assortment of layers going on! I shudder when I think of it...


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

That is what is In and Out Right Now. What are your thoughts? Anything in particular that is so right now for you? Or so not? I'd love to hear them! Leave a comment or a link to your own blog below. Thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

  1. Heather said...
    Oh god, jumpsuits are a tragedy. Right now I'm very sick of creme polishes cus they always end up looking like shit on me.
    MaquillageTalk- Karen said...
    @Heather/Eyeconic- Not so much a fan of the creme polishes on me either!
    Rachel said...
    I can't really get with the whole jumpsuit thing. On the onehand done right in a photograph it can look throwback disco sexy, but cmon it reminds me if a baby in their onesie! U made me chuckle with the layers comment & shudders hahaha

Post a Comment