Sunday, January 17, 2010

When I think of Wet n Wild, I get nostalgic for my teen years when this was my go to drugstore cosmetic, so colorful and so affordable. Well, I have been hearing and reading chatter about a 2010 Wet n Wild overhaul. I was excited to see new eye shadow palettes at the local Rite Aid, and so I grabbed one, Lust. Each palette includes 3 matte shades and 3 "highly-pigmented effect shades." The pigmentation was so impressive that I returned to grab up the others, but was only able to get Greed and Pride. At 75% complete, I am now on the hunt for the final addition to my collection, Vanity. How fitting. The back label has a little diagram depicting areas of the lid that are often mentioned in makeup application instruction. Handy for the newbie. The shadows have a velvety, smooth consistancy and the colors are blend-able with great, intense and true color payoff, they are long wearing and didn't crease (I did use an eye shadow primer, as I always do). Priced at $4.99- I think these are well worth it and would give this new product 2 thumbs up!

Anyway... here are some swatches of the 3 palettes I did get:


PRIDE








LUST





GREED







Vanity- watch out, I am coming for you! In addition to these shadow quads, there are eye shadow singles and trios coming. There are also some new lipsticks, nail polishes, and mascaras. Have you tried any of the new Wet n Wild products? What do you think of them? What drugstores did you find the best selection in?

Thanks for reading! ♥

3 Comments:

  1. Rachel said...
    Girl, you've made me want to buy these straight up
    Heather said...
    I love blues and greens, I might have to get the first palette!
    Karen (MaquillageTalk) said...
    @Rachel- these are definately worth checking out. Very unique colors, which is always a great excuse to add to a makeup collection!

    @Heather- The blue and green palette has such potential! I have only played with it a couple of times, but loved every combo of looks so far.

Post a Comment