Sunday, December 27, 2009

MAC Warm and Cozy Collection:




The collection is a lovely compilation of nudes, naturals, and plummy colors. These tones are the absolute perfect colors to warm up our dark, cold, short days. I picked up the Mineralize Skinfinish By Candlelight, a gorgeous pinky-peach shimmer shot through with carmel veining. I love it, it polishes the skin in the most subtle pretty glow! I also got an Amplified Lipstick in Warm Me Up, which is a rich, deep pink color. The Amplified Lipsticks are opaque and moisture rich, and glide on smoothly, providing intense coverage in one application. It is also very long lasting. Warm Me Up has a shine to it, but is not shimmery or frosty.


Skincare Products:
I also picked up some products to zap my oily complexion and help me have longer lasting foundation bliss. My t-zone gets especially oily, breaking down my makeup in that area, needing constant touch ups and reapplication of powder. I know there are products to help stop this, and so the hunt is on. So, I am going to test out this combo base: MAC Oil Control Lotion with the Prep + Prime Skin.



The Oil Control Lotion is the initial product, applied to freshly washed and toned skin. It has a formulation which works to keep the pH balance of skin even. It is oil free, lightweight, and instantly mattifies. It has a pleasant smell, and glides on smoothly. It is packaged in a convenient bottle with a pump, and one pump covers my entire face and jawline. This lotion can be applied both day and night.


The next step is the Prep + Prime Skin, a primer base. Using my fingertips, I concentrate application of this to my t-zone, paying special care from the bridge of the nose to the cheek area. This area for me has the most noticeable pores, and when I apply a silicone based primer I am able to diminish the large pore appearance. Using a rolling motion, rather than the rubbing motion, the product is evenly deposited. A benefit to using MAC's Prep + Prime Skin is that it contains exfoliants, as well as calming and soothing agents. All the extras help the appearance of skin both with and without makeup! So, it is a double duty product, which instantly adds value in my book!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    The Mineralize Skinfinish By Candlelight looks gorgeous!

Post a Comment