Friday, December 18, 2009

Recently, I was trying to find a photo to use as a profile picture, and I was horrified that in most recent pics I looked so shiny! I used to battle very dry, sensative skin, but not since I moved to my current location in July. This is my first winter here, and I noticed I now have the oiliest, shiniest, most blemish-prone skin ever! I am not sure if it is the weather, the new (more humid) climate, getting older, or what! So, it could be a combination of all these variables, plus some. What can a girl do, but tailor her makeup around the changes?


So, I went on a crusade to find foundation to combat the shine. Since I live Revlon ColorStay Foundation, I decided to get their formula for Combination/Oily Skin. I wore it with Benefit "Hello Flawless!" powder (designed to mattify). It wore nicely all day, and no shininess in the mirror or in a photo. The coverage, however, was not as strong by the end of an 8 hour work day. (btw... SPF 6)


Because CVS is having a BOGO Free sale for all Revlon products this week, I also got the ColorStay Mineral Mousse. This whipped, light wearing foundation is so soft and creamy. It spreads onto the skin in a flawless and soft matte finish. Despite the light weight of the formula, it has great coverage, and lasts all day! I love the silky, flawless texture my skin has when I wear this. I used the same Benefit "Hello Flawless!" powder to set this foundation. A plus to this version of ColorStay is the SPF 20.
.

At CVS... I noticed a tiny little display, off to the side, of something new. Revlon PhotoReady Foundation and PhotoReady Translucent Finisher. What?!? I hadn't heard anything about this. In the name of research ;)I snagged it up. Turns out, it has full coverage, and builds nicely. To benefit photographic properties, there is the slightest luminous shimmer. It is oil free, and fragrance free. The Translucent Finisher is light, and keeps any extra shine at bay. A negative aspect is the spectrum of colors is limited. The jury is out for how this performs on film, I will report back after the multitude of photo ops I am sure to endure over the next week of holiday gatherings!



Thanks for reading! ♥ Has anyone else tried the Revlon PhotoReady lineup? If so, was it comparable to any of the high end photo finish products you have tried?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment