Friday, December 11, 2009

In these winter months, cold and cloudy weather need not dispirit my complexion! I love to pamper my face with varying skincare treatments, and I am forever searching for the ultimate combination that will make my skin look youthful and radiant. I have picked my top three for this winter.

The first is my default, go-to mask. It is inexpensive, and easy to find. Neutrogena Clear Pore is a dual duty formulation. It can be used as a daily cleanser, or an intensive mask. It is charged with benzoyl peroxide acne medication. It's claims to kill blackhead and breakout causing bacteria, all while deep cleansing and providing extra oil control. I use it as a mask, and I find that it does help to keep my shiny face a bit more oil-free. That is always welcome! It has a pasty, clay consistency, is white in color, and causes a slight tingling sensation. It dries in 5 minutes and is then ready to be rinsed away. It is a great treatment when there is not much time. I break this out whenever I feel hormonal breakouts on the horizon, and it always helps to dry things up a bit.



The second treatment is Verikira Spiced Pumpkin Face Masque. One pump of this powerful pumpkin juice does the trick! Once a thin layer is spread on the face, a strong tingling sensation sets in. It is not painful, but it is definitely reacting with the skin. It claims to exfoliate, and rejuvenate. I do have smoother, tighter skin following this treatment. It smells very veggie like, and initially feels very slimy, just like the gooey stuff from inside the pumpkin. I have seen many versions of a pumpkin peel, and I bought mine at BeautyTicket.


The final is a new favorite to my skin routine. Neutrogena Tone Correcting Enzyme Peel is a gritty facial mask treatment, and offers to help balance out discoloration. It is early to tell if it will cure my acne scarring discoloration (on my chin), I have been using it 2 times per week for only 2 weeks now, but it has already helped with sun damage spots I had on my upper cheeks. I am optimistic and will continue using it. I am coupling this product with a nightly dose of Neutrogena Tone Correcting Concentrated Serum. The two are part of the Ageless Intensives line. I intensely wish to be ageless! Does that help?


What products are in your holy grail skincare routine?

2 Comments:

  1. Carla said...
    I just ordered the Verikira Spiced Pumpkin Face Masque from BeautyTicket.com based on your review! I cant wait until I receive it!
    Karen said...
    @Carla- I just love BeautyTicket.com!

Post a Comment